Peryer Construction WGTN Limited
Peryer Construction is owned and operated by Bill and Jan Peryer.
With over 30 years experience in the construction industry they have a proven track record as Main Contractor spanning the light commercial, industrial, educational and accommodation sectors of the construction industry.
Previous projects include:
- Design & build of commercial developments
- New-build commercial and industrial facilities
- Extensive seismic structural strengthening projects
- Multi-housing accommodation and retirement villages
- Critical timing of commercial retail and government fit-outs
- Extensive alterations & additions to existing domestic residences
- New-build and refurbishment of educational facilities whilst in use
Peryer Construction has a strong successful team of long-term employees and managers who are familiar with current building standards and take pride in producing quality workmanship with programme performance, whilst complying with site behaviour and Health and Safety expectations. These key elements are complimented by many attending sub-contractors.
Management and administrative support is directed from Peryer Construction’s office situated at Unit 8, 110 Whakatiki Street, Upper Hutt.
It is our goal to achieve a positive experience and result for our clients, on all projects.
- We value communication, integrity and respect at all levels.
- We value quality and workmanship across all facets of the construction phase.
- We recognise that goodwill and honesty are paramount to achieving and maintaining a successful business relationship with our clients.
Peryer Construction offers:
- Proven track record
- Professional management strategies & direction
- Performance monitoring & quality control systems
- Qualified and experienced site supervisors and site staff
- Long-term, stable workforce and police vetted construction staff
- Accredited Site Safe procedures & hazard identification practices
- Smooth & efficient coordination of sub-trade response and performance
- Proactive communication & approach to construction issues & problem solving
- Positive implementation & involvement to achieve budget and deadline restraints
- Commitment to deliver top management support that will enhance site performance
- Produce and deliver top results that guarantees continual business relationships
Peryer Construction strives to provide consistent satisfaction and service to all clients. Bill and Jan believe in not only building quality physical structures, but also building relationships with clients based on honesty and integrity.
Peryer Construction’s resources and systems allow coordination and operation of several contracts concurrently, throughout the greater Wellington region as far north as Otaki.
Peryer Construction considers the success of any project hinges on the project personnel involved.
Every contract has a designated Site Foreman and carpentry team assigned based on experience, proven performance, coordination skills and their understanding of time and budget constraints. This ensures consistency and ownership by the site team in their individual projects, from the commencement of the contract through to final completion, maintenance and compliance periods.
The following personnel would have direct management involvement in all projects:
BILL PERYER – Company Director/Manager
As Director and Owner of Peryer Construction WGTN Limited, Bill has overall responsibility for performance and management, including tendering and contract negotiations. With advanced trade qualifications, extensive knowledge of the building industry and a pro-active management style, Bill forms honest and collaborative working relationships with clients and project personnel. Bill’s prime motivation is to ensure satisfaction of clients across all facets of the construction process. His pro-active, ‘hands-on’ approach to site management, and emphasis on client liaison provides clients with hassle-free programme performance and quality workmanship.
JAN PERYER – Company Manager
Jan is a co-owner of Peryer Construction WGTN Limited. She has extensive experience in company, credit, office and property management, and has day to day responsibility for collating and submitting tenders. With an eye for detail, excellent time management skills and a ‘can do’ attitude, Jan is adept at responding promptly to contract documentation queries. She completes all contract warranties and Council compliance documentation for our contracts in a timely manner. She also oversees compliance of Health and Safety Systems and financial reporting for the company.
MARTIN McDONNELL – Quantity Surveyor NZCQS MNZIQS
Martin joined Peryer Construction in 2013. Martin has 35 years experience in business management, construction costing, problem solving and subcontractor management. His positive attitude and approach compliment the core values of Peryer Construction whilst he works to develop strong relationships and to ensure projects are within budget.
VIRGINIA HOURIGAN – Accounts Administrator
Virginia is responsible for in-house accounting and financial reporting whilst also providing administrative support for the company. She also liaises with professionals and suppliers. With many years of experience in accounts and administration, Virginia is a professional and integral part of the Management team.
LES WILLIAMS – Contracts Manager
Les has extensive product knowledge and experience in the construction industry. His role is primarily as management and communication liaison between the construction site and office, reporting to Bill and attending Architects & Project Managers.
Les assists all construction sites to run smoothly by attending scheduled site meetings, and overseeing performance and health and safety systems of construction staff and sub-contractors. Importantly for our clients, Les ensures programme timelines, maintenance and completion deadlines are successfully achieved.
SITE MANAGERS/ FOREMAN
Peryer Construction’s workforce includes many Site Managers/lead Foreman, most have been in the company for several years. Managers have been selected in these roles because the company has confidence in their performance, extensive experience in the building industry, internal systems and quality of workmanship standards. They have proven their ability to meet the demands and time-frames necessary to satisfy our clients and respective project management teams.
Health and Safety Systems
Peryer Construction has an enviable record of Health & Safety and is a Site Safe member. All staff hold a minimum Site Safe Construction Passport.
Site Safe systems ensure safety standards are maintained on all building sites. These include:
- Site Specific Health & Safety Policy
- Hazard Identification & Control check list
- Hazard Monitoring and reporting
- Regular Staff Tool box meetings
- Site Specific Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Weekly overview of Health & Safety at scheduled site meetings
- Weekly management reports undertaken by our Contracts Manager